Aman Costigan is a lawyer (and Yoga Instructor) who helps other lawyers proactively minimize stress, connect with their bodies, and enable them to go through life and their practice with grace.
Here is a sneak peek into our conversation and questions I asked Aman.
Aman’s Law Practice
- What area of law do you practice in?
- Was the stress you felt in your law practice get you started in yoga or were you doing it before?
How Yoga Helped Aman In Her Practice
- How do you think the yoga practice helped you in your practice as a lawyer? It helped her listen to her body and feel more connected, and get out of survival mode. She was less reactive, calmer, and had more patience.
- How did you handle your emotions productively; how did you develop the awareness to know you were in the reactive mode?
Tips For Solo Law Practice Lawyers
- What tips have you developed to help others develop awareness of their emotions? Take time (even if it’s in the shower) to get some mindfulness before you start the day. Start the day easy. Close your eyes and breath. Notice what is going on in your body. Taking time for yourself (even if it’s walking around the block for 5 minutes) will help clear your mind and be more aware of your emotions, let go of the day, release those stressful emotions.
- Having a law practice is stressful, some areas of law are more stressful than others. When you’re working with a client and feel the stress and anxiety of the case, are there ways you’ve found through your work doing yoga, to deal with the stress on both sides more effectively?
Aman’s Growth Of Her Yoga Practice
- How did you go from “I’m a busy Lawyer who does yoga” to “I’m going to start teaching yoga to lawyers”?
- How did you work out the logistics to teach yoga during a pandemic?
- Tell us about your Mastermind Lawyer Entrepreneur Group and how it led to the journey to where you are now.
- Tell us how your classes work?
- Is there an opportunity for people in your class to get to know one another outside of the class?
- How often do you offer classes and how long are the classes?
- From a yoga point of view… is the yoga for lawyers different from conventional yoga?
ABOUT Info – Aman Costigan is the founder and yoga teacher at Beyond Yoga for Lawyers as well as a partner at the law firm of Shores Jardine LLP. Lawyer wellness is something near and dear to her heart. One of the ways she’s bringing awareness to lawyer wellness is by sharing yoga and mindfulness practices that go beyond the forms of yoga and mainstream practices to promote relaxation, improve focus and ways to be more present in daily life. She is passionate about sharing quick and easy ways to manage stress. The tools and techniques she teaches give lawyers a toolkit of coping mechanisms and help lawyers be less angry, less reactive and better listeners. Aman practices law in Canada, where she practices primarily in the area of professional regulation.
Aman offers 1-Hour Virtual Group Yoga Classes exclusively to lawyers. The Group Yoga Classes run for 8 weeks and the next session starts January 26 to March 16, 2022.
In her spare time, Aman is building her own Empire of Freedom.
Where to connect with Aman on social –
Replace The Rat Race With A Bold, Thriving Law Business
With 16 years in a solo law practice, Sharon Christie discovered that the secret to thriving instead of merely surviving lies in the ability to land great clients…consistently. Sharon cracked the marketing code — catapulting her law practice clientele from ZERO to HUNDREDS in under 9 months — and now reveals her proven 3 step formula to other female lawyers who are ready to replace the rat race with a bold, thriving law business.
Part of her 3 step formula in action is frequent lecturing to professional and community groups, including NAMI Metropolitan Baltimore, the Brain Injury Association of Maryland, the Lupus Foundation, Let’s Talk Sarcoidosis and the Sinai Return to Work Program, and authoring books for her law practice clients such as the 2 books on Social Security Disability benefits, The Unofficial Guide to Social Security Disability Benefits and Can You Win Your Social Security Disability Case?: The Blueprint You Need to Get Social Security Disability.
If it’s your first time here, I’m going to ask you right up front to please subscribe to our YouTube Channel, and Facebook FanPage.. If you find value in this post, give it a like and share it with your friends. By sharing it, you’ll help bring in more like-minded people, which will help the community grow. We’ll be able to share and learn together. I’m going to thank you right up front for helping.
Get The FREE Solo Success Guide Below
I want to share with you a pathway to proven strategies that you will give you back your life and put you in charge of your schedule and future!
Download the Free Guide including The 3 Foundational Pillars your law business should stand on to drive success.