It’s the beginning of a NEW YEAR and everyone wants to get in shape!
BUT… What about your business? Does your business need to get into shape too?
Here are a few indicators:
- Do you wake up with a feeling of “dread” worried about your Law Firm?
- Are you worried where the next client is coming from?
- Are you having a hard time finding and signing great clients
- Are you worried about how to pay the bills, how to pay your team, or even how to pay yourself!
- Do you have trouble with your cash flow? Is it inconsistent?
- Do you feel like all the lawyers around you know how to run a successful law firm and you don’t even know where to start
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then you may need a personal trainer for your law firm.
Everyone knows a personal trainer can get your physical self in shape, but how do you get your law practice in shape?
So many lawyers have been there, but Sharon Christie found a solution to get her business organized and running efficiently.
She hired a business coach!
Surprisingly enough, many women lawyers are reluctant to ask for help. So many are too proud to ask for help, or even able to admit they don’t know the basics of running a business, let alone the more complicated components of a business. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness. Not knowing how to run a business does not mean you are a failure. Law schools just don’t cover this aspect of education.
It’s really okay. The solution is fairly simple. Do what any good lawyer would do when they are faced with a problem — DO YOUR RESEARCH! and get some support!
Types of accessible support include national, state, or specialty Bar associations. There are Facebook groups for lawyers, or even CLE providers. Sometimes you will need one-on-one coaching like a personal trainer is for fitness. We call them Law Business Coaches.
A healthy law firm needs a passionate leader, so make sure you are passionate about the work you do. Otherwise, take steps to transition into the field of law that will bring out your passion.
- Do you have great clients? Be sure you are working with people you enjoy, who resonate with you and appreciate the good job you do for them.
- Have a consistent marketing plan to bring those great clients into your business.
- Cash flow is the third thing you need consistently. You have to pay the bills, so have procedures in place to manage your cash flow.
Do you know where you want your law firm to be in 3 months, 6 months, or even a year to five years from now? Do you have a plan to transition into retirement when the time comes? Your goals can’t be stuck in your head, and not written down somewhere. It’s not good to think about your goals once a year, or make them hard to attain. Your goals need to be realistic.
From goals, you need to make plans.
So what can a Law Business Coach do for you? They can assess your current business fitness level. Then together you can determine where you want to be and where do you want to go with your business? This knowledge with shape how you’re going to structure your business.
Here’s something to consider
- what has kept you from reaching your goals in the past?
- what is currently standing in your way of moving forward and reaching your goals?
- There are many steps involved with working with a Business Coach for your law firm, but it’s really important if you need the help and are ready to move forward.
This is exciting and challenging, but you don’t have to reinvent the wheel.
Replace The Rat Race With A Bold, Thriving Law Business
With 16 years in a solo law practice, Sharon Christie discovered that the secret to thriving instead of merely surviving lies in the ability to land great clients…consistently. Sharon cracked the marketing code — catapulting her law practice clientele from ZERO to HUNDREDS in under 9 months — and now reveals her proven 3 step formula to other female lawyers who are ready to replace the rat race with a bold, thriving law business.
Part of her 3 step formula in action is frequent lecturing to professional and community groups, including NAMI Metropolitan Baltimore, the Brain Injury Association of Maryland, the Lupus Foundation, Let’s Talk Sarcoidosis and the Sinai Return to Work Program, and authoring books for her law practice clients such as the 2 books on Social Security Disability benefits, The Unofficial Guide to Social Security Disability Benefits and Can You Win Your Social Security Disability Case?: The Blueprint You Need to Get Social Security Disability.
If it’s your first time here, I’m going to ask you right up front to please subscribe to our YouTube Channel, and Facebook FanPage.. If you find value in this post, give it a like and share it with your friends. By sharing it, you’ll help bring in more like-minded people, which will help the community grow. We’ll be able to share and learn together. I’m going to thank you right up front for helping.
Get The FREE Solo Success Guide Below
I want to share with you a pathway to proven strategies that you will give you back your life and put you in charge of your schedule and future!
Download the Free Guide including The 3 Foundational Pillars your law business should stand on to drive success.